Drivers using cellphones PDA’s are causing serious injuries and deaths while texting and driving. In 2008, nearly 6,000 people were killed in crashes that involved distracted drivers, according to federal statistics. Getting behind the wheel intexticated is becoming the most prevalent way of getting distracted while driving.
It is not only teens or younger drivers who are guilty of this offense. Texas personal injury lawyers are cautioning that drivers of all ages are likely to cause a serious or even fatal auto crash due to being distracted behind the wheel. Often referred to as “DWT” (driving while texting) or “TWD” (texting while driving) can be as serious an offense as drunk driving, and state legislators across the country are taking a proactive position to prevent the practice.
How Distracting is DWT?
A study by the Virginia Transportation Technical Institute indicates the following levels of distraction.
- Dialing Cell Phone – 2.8 times as high as non-distracted driving
- Talking/Listening to Cell Phone – 1.3 times as high as non-distracted driving
- Reaching for object (i.e. electronic device and other) – 1.4 times as high as non-distracted driving
- Dialing Cell phone – 5.9 times as high as non-distracted driving
- Talking/Listening to Cell Phone – 1.0 times as high as non-distracted driving
- Use/Reach for electronic device – 6.7 times as high as non-distracted driving
- Text messaging – 23.2 times as high as non-distracted driving
Attorneys to Handle Texting While Driving Injuries
Our firm consists of a Dallas, Arlington, Fort Worth, Mansfield Personal Injury attorney with an experienced team of trial attorneys who are qualified to provide you with excellent representation of your injury claim. Personal injury damages from Texting While Driving Injuries may include medical expenses, loss of wage earning capacity, pain and suffering and mental anguish, loss of physical capacity, and loss of enjoyment of life. Contact an Arlington, Mansfield Texas Personal Injury Lawyer from the firm of Machi and Associates, P.C. today to handle your case.
Texting While Driving Injuries and Our Law Firm
Our firm is prepared to represent you and your case in any situation involving the term Texting While Driving Injuries